Monday, March 19, 2012

A little something for the newly weds

I went for my neighbour’s wedding dinner lunch. Thankfully, because it will definitely bore the shit out of me. It was held at Mandarin Oriental. Don’t get confused. There are too many “Mandarin hotels” shit in the CBD area. It is the one opposite Esplanade.

Usually, I was expecting the standard few dishes and stuff.. But nope, this lunch set was a really unique one. LIKE REALLY…

Keychains & Customized measuring spoons

IMG_3114

A big plate and all the dishes are served on a small plate. For a nicer look!

IMG_3113

First up, usually the cold dish. But damn, I forgot to take a picture of it. Urghhh~ So anyway it is inclusive of Cold Lobster, Crab roll, Mixed Salad, Roasted Pork (3 layers of meat), Unique fried small fish. I wanted to introduce you all the unique fish! Never seen it before but I forgot Sad smile

Next up, was supposed the Shark’s Fins as stated in the menu. When the soup arrived I was like thinking don’t tell me they change to something else? NO LAH.. It is served something like Buddha Jump Over the Wall as stated by my mum. Peasant me haven’t tried it yet. Anyway, it consists of about 4cm long Shark’s Fin, Dried Scallop, Sea Cucumber, Two Chunks of Chicken Meat and Abalone.

IMG_3115

The standard veg dish fried with scallop and abit of chili. Yummssss plus Yam Rings too!

IMG_3116

Up next was Roasted Duck. A whole roasted duck was served

IMG_3117

This the dish whereby in between the bride and groom comes and take pictures with you. I can’t seem to remember what fish this is but yup it comes with sweet sauce. And from all my experiences, they don’t usually serve one piece of fish dish by itself.

IMG_3118

The ending dish, usually it will be the heavily carbohydrate dish. May I present to you Glutinous Rice wrapped in Tou Fu Skin.

IMG_3126

Last but not least the dessert. My mother comes from a Teochew family so every dinner will be this dessert. Yam with Ginko Nuts. Mum says this is better than usual cause it is not oily.

IMG_3127

Note: Do not attempt to blame me if any of mine descriptions fail, cause I’m a forgetful bitch and once again this is just my point of view and solely mine. Opinions? Email me or else STFU hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment